MANY INJURED AS FIRE RAZES LAGOS RESTAURANT

MANY INJURED AS FIRE RAZES LAGOS RESTAURANT

Many people sustained burnt injuries yesterday, after Premium Motor Spirit (PMS) also known as Petrol exploded at a restaurant in Lagos.

The incident occurred around 8am at the restaurant called University of Amala located at OPC junction along Idimu Road, Ejigbo area of the state.

It was gathered that the owner of the restaurant, six of her staff and many customers sustained various degree of injuries.

It was learnt that the fire was triggered when a commercial bus trampled on a keg filled with petrol that was kept off the road by a customer who wanted to patronise the entity.

The fire affected the gas cylinder at the restaurant which extended the inferno into the premises, burning people including children.

According to a witness, no life was lost in the inferno as all those injured were rushed to a nearby hospital for treatment.

The police and the Lagos State Emergency Management Agency (LASEMA) when contacted, said they were unaware of the incident.